"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays 2/15


MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here's my teaser for this week.  (yes, I am still reading The Help!!)

"Missus Walters turns and hobbles toward the door, the colored nurse in tow.  'Well, call the papers, Bessie' she says. 'My daughter's mad at me again.'"  (page 332, The Help by Kathryn Stockett)

2 comments:

  1. I loved The Help...I listened to the audio version~ it was a great performance. It made a 4 star read to a 5 star listen for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missus Walters sounds sassy - great teaser!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. Here's my WWW:
    http://centralcaligrrrl.blogspot.com/2011/02/www-wednesdays.html

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...