"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Monday, February 28, 2011

You've Got More Mail!!!

One of my favourite movies of all time is You've Got Mail starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. If you haven't seen it, you simply must!! It's about a young woman who is the proprietor of a small intimate book store who finds her "Little Shop Around the Corner" competing with a big bookstore chain, Fox Books.  Since we are all book lovers here, you can't help but want to see this movie!! But, I digress. 

Last year I came across a tantalizing promotion on Fairfield House blog that is running again. Deborah has launched her Second Annual Fairfield House Post Card Exchange Party yesterday!!! What does this mean to you? Well, if you are the taddest bit like me, and love to receive postcards from all over, this will definitely appeal to you. Just go to the link above and join the linky list of participating blogs. Mailing addresses are exchanged via email with the understanding that they are not to be shared. Once received, you send that individual a postcard from your area (check the local dollar store) and they, in turn, shall send one to you. This runs for a limited time and promises to be a fun little exchange of "real" mail (vs. the virtual mail on You've Got Mail.) . Won't you join in?


2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, I love, love the movie You've Got Mail, I watch it at least once a year. I love any movie Meg and Tom work together in.

    I'm not much of a mail person, so will pass up the postcard invite. But, it does sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just need to say that I'm in love with You've Got Mail. Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks always have the right idea. And books...seriously, what's not to love? I need to own it so I stop going through withdrawal symptoms.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...