"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly book meme where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. I love this meme!!

This last week I finished reading Remember Me?  by Sophie Kinsella.  The review is here.  I am glad to be finished it, not that I didn't like the book, but I was reading it for an extended period wherein I had to put it on the proverbial back burner to accomplish some other reviews.  There was some content that I took exception with as you will see when you read the review.

I also received, read and reviewed a title that came in the mail Wednesday and needed to be posted by the end of the month.  This post, Lessons From the Concrete Jungle, will be up Monday, February 28.  It counts towards another Dewey Decimal read!  I actually enjoyed the message here.  Anyone else out there think salespeople don't know what they're doing?  Read the book.  Oh, and I have an interview with the author Kurtis Smith that day too!

Though I finished reading Quest For the Nail Prints by Don Furr a little while ago, I finished the review to be posted March 1.  This was an enjoyable trip back in time to Jerusalem.  A real page turner!!


I also read Fires...Accidental or Arson by Richard J. Keyworth.  Mr.  Keyworth works as a fire inspector and in this book he discusses 14 cases wherein he had to determine the cause of the fire and if there was fault.  If you are fascinated with a bit of mystery, cause and effect, and a good story, you'll have to come back soon for the review.  This book is supposed to be part of a virtual book tour though no date has been decided yet.  

This week I am still reading Nana:  The Four Crystals by Guillermo Romano.  I have yet to begin the book club read At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon.  I've read it before, about seven months ago, but it is such a good book that I don't mind reading it again! I might read True Believer by Nicholas Sparks or another non-fiction or biography.  I haven't decided yet.  I guess whatever grabs my attention when I ponder the TBR stacks will win.

What are you reading this week?  Did you post reviews for books finished last week?  Take a moment, won't you, and leave a comment with a link to your It's Monday...post!  Stop by Sheila's Book Journey. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. You've got some interesting books on your list! The Fires.... book looks expecially interesting to me. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...