"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Would You Rather Own or Borrow?



All things being equal (money, space, etc), would you rather own copies of the books you read? Or borrow them?
This is an easy question for me because I love books and love to accumulate them!  If you saw my living room right now, you'd see books on the coffee table and end table, there are books at my bedside and on the bookshelves in the family room.

I do borrow books from time to time, especially if I am needing a book for book club but it isn't my particular taste or style.  If in doubt, borrow.  That's my motto.  Sometimes I will come across a borrowed book that I simply must add to my collection; then I will purchase it.  So, it goes both ways for me sometimes.  But I do love the option of being able to check over my bookshelves and finding some of my favourites there.  There's nothing like it, to be able to just pick up a book on a whim and read or re-read, as the case may be.

10 comments:

  1. Our answers were very similar.
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds luxurious! I love to be surrounded by books, too. I've got one open on the chair beside me, three on the coffee table, a huge basket of children's books on the side table, one on the floor...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If in doubt, borrow,"

    I love that!

    I think I may implement that in my life. I had a book buying ban in May and wound up going to the library at least twice a week, and it was nice not closing my eyes when checking my bank statement. I also love that if they don't have a certain book at the library, you can ask them to order it in (I'm in Sweden at the moment so there aren't that many non-classic English books to choose from, and I've been ordering in quite a few lately).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our love for books. check out my answer.
    http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answer! I'm the same way, in which I like to own books. All the better for re-reading them! :)

    Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm an avid library-goer as well. But here's my complete answer: http://femalebookreader.blogspot.com/2011/06/me-buy-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like "owning" them as being new but once I read them, will pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love owning books so I can read on a whim! Whatever mood I'm in, I'm sure to have a book to suit it! That's what is hard about borrowing for the library for me...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish you'd posted a pic of the books all over your home! :) It does feel good to be surrounded by the things you love, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like doing both. Some I have to own, others I'm fine with borrowing.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...