"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Peek Into What I'm Reading

Secret Daughter has been a much awaited read for me and so far I am loving it.  Written by Shilipi Somaya Gowda, it is an international bestseller.  You can watch her interview here on my blog. 

"It would be a powerful thing to change the course of one of those lives: to create opportunity where none exists, to make someone's life better.  It reminds her of why she became a doctor. A quote from Gandhi graces the inside of the brochure, 'You must be the change you want to see in the world.'"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Should Be Reading

Share your tease with me!  I love the peek into books.  The great thing about this meme is if you like the teaser, you can check out the book online or at your local bookstore/library.  Some terrific reads can be found and it may begin here.

12 comments:

  1. Great teaser. Not only was it interesting, but it was inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely ~ I am inspired indeed :-)

    Thanks for stopping by, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very profound teaser... I like it.

    http://tfwalsh.wordpress.com/2011/04/26/teaser-tuesday-sandman-slim/#comments

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with Alexis. Fully packed. I reread it a few times, trying to take in all the possible meanings. Great teaser!!

    -Amelia
    The Authoress

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspirational teaser! Thanks for sharing.

    Reading Lark's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser.. I hope you are enjoying the book. I have had it in my TBR for a while now ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. True, it's very inspiring! Wonderful teaser!!

    Here's mine: http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. THought-provoking!
    Really powerful sentences there..
    Great teaser :)

    My teaser is from a YA book too - albeit a very different one, written almost like archaic steampunkery at e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser. This book has been getting good reviews. Hope you're enjoying it! Thanks for stopping by yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. What a great teaser. Really good. Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser, very uplifting and inspirational, advice I think we could all do with. :D

    thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog. This sounds really good. I hope you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...