"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Follow My Book Blog Friday Blog Hop 3/25/11






Question of the Week: Inspired by the inane twitter trend of #100factsaboutme, give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you.


Now, 5 book related facts about me:

1.  You know you're a bookish nerd when you'd rather spend recess in the library than outside playing.  That was me!

2.  By grade four I was reading adult level books.  My favourite at the time was Phantom Roan.  My teacher tried reading it to the class, at my request, for reading time but I was the only one who understood and liked it.  So she went to a story about cyclops instead!

3.  I read every Marguerite Henry horse book in elementary school! Loved them!!

4.  My favourite book from childhood is Black Beauty by Anna Sewell.  I still have the copy my grandparents bought me.

5.  I feel euphoric after a visit to a bookstore or library!

What would you like to share about yourself? 

Enjoy your hop everyone and be sure to leave a link so I can come visit yours!!  Follow me, let me know, and I'll follow you back.


10 comments:

  1. Wow! A kindred soul! I was the little kid with her nose stuck in a book, too!

    Those were great!

    My 5 Silly Bookish Things

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! There's someone else who spent recess (we call it 'playtime' in the UK) in the library instead of outside. One of my happiest times at school was being made Library Monitor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents have never figured out where my love of books came from... I just picked up a book and got hooked!
    Thanks for coming to read my 5 silly bookish things! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is great! I had a love of reading as a kid, but not that much! I do now though. Thanks for stopping by, I'm a new follower!

    Aimee @ Coffee Table Press

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice- I never got to read at recess though.

    To find out bookish facts about me and to follow me back (I’m following you now from Follow Friday) check out My Follow Friday post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love visiting book stores and the library as well. Well, I think it depends on the library.

    www.reflectionsofabookaholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. I used to spend my lunchtime in the library - not because I was friendless, but because I had fun in the library.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the feeling of going in a bookstore and spending time looking around thn coming out with a bag full of books. Even though I don't really need them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    I'm a new follower, thanks to the Follow Friday feature.
    I just wanted to say that you have the best background music for blog-reading I've ever heard on a blog! :-)
    I hope you'll visit me at
    http://rachel-whitley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I'm a new follower. Please stop by my blog and follow me in return. :c)
    http://temperanceblack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...