"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Former Home of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle...




Located in Hindhead, Surry, England, Undershaw (former home of Sherlock Holmes author, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) may not remain the mansion-esque property as it appears in this video. It sat derelict, subject to the elements of nature, where it sustained some damage. Developers wanted to divide the home into three terraced houses, forever ruining the aesthetic quality and historical value and significance of this property.  Wouldn't it be a greater and more fulfilling task to return it to its former glory and perhaps make it into a museum or a bed and breakfast, at the least, where fans can stay and linger in the halls Sir Arthur Conan Doyle once wandered? 

The Undershaw Preservation Trust was set up to protect the house.


To read more about this property, see http://www.criminalelement.com/blogs/2012/03/holmes-home-saving-undershaw?WT.mc_id=10144



3 comments:

  1. I love the ideas you came up with for the house. Great ideas- which would help keep the history alive. Thanks for the video, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely thinks this author deserves a muséum. I think it would be a great idea to do as you suggest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post :)

    I will go through your link and see if I can contribute to save Sir Doyle's house.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...