"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

BookSeer: a terrific tool to build your TBR wish lists

Some online stores, such as Indigo.ca, offer an "if you like this, you should read this too" service, usually by email.  I just discovered Book Seer thanks to Lisa is Busy Nerding.

So, out of curiosity I entered Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda, a favourite of my 2011 reads, and it suggested the following books:

Keeping Corner by Kashmira Sheth
The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman
The Kitchen House:  A Novel by Kathleen Grissom
Once We Were Brothers by Ronald H. Balson
Left Neglected by Lisa Genova (I plan to purchase this one soon!  I loved Still Alice by the same author!)
Sister of My Heart:  A Novel by Chitra Banerjee Divakuruni
A Good Indian Wife:  A Novel by Anne Cherion
Climbing the Stairs by Padma Venkatraman
The Story of a Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon
Mudbound by Hilary Jordan

Note:  This is a service offered by Amazon.  What I want to know is why LibraryThing isn't being asked to make recommendations (as per the notation on the site).  What's with that?

Go ahead, give it a try and let me know the results.  I'm curious to know your opinion.

http://bookseer.com/

2 comments:

  1. Nope, I'm not going to try it. I have enough novels on my TBR list and my Reading challenges list which is a new list. I don't need any suggestions, lol. I'm in enough trouble hiding shoes, purses and books coming in the house. lol.
    check out my latest review.
    http://sidnereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sidne, I TOTALLY understand!! LOL! I'm going to swing by.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...