I was just tagged by Reading With My Eyes Shut! (It's nice to be on someone's radar!) This should be fun and a great way to hop around to other book bloggers' sites and get to know them better. To participate, one must do the following:
- You must post the rules.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them!
- What was the last book that made you tear up/cry? Laugh out loud? Believe it or not, the last book to make me cry was The Hunger Games (by Suzanne Collins), the part where sweet young Rue dies and Katniss pays a tribute to her with flowers. It really touched me to read of the humanity amidst the games of life and death. The last book to make me laugh out loud was Little Princes by Connor Grennan. I enjoyed his anecdotal remarks, his descriptions of the people, his adventures, and the fact that he never took himself too seriously.
- What new book are you most excited to read this year? Oh goodness, there are quite a few! Pandemonium is one for sure! It comes out February 28th. Can't wait!
- If you could spend the evening with one author, living or dead, who would it be? Agatha Christie! It would take someone extra special to knock her off the pedestal I've put her on! I love the humour she infused the Tommy and Tuppence books with, the twisted plots, the characters of Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot, the fact that I can never figure out who did the deed. I haven't read all of her books yet, but I intend to.
- If you could be reincarnated as one of your favorite characters, who would it be and why? While I don't believe in reincarnation, to think I could come back as a real-life, previously fictional, character is a fascinating thought. How about Hermione Granger? She is such a wise and talented young witch!
- If you could pick an author to write the story of your life, who would you choose? Oh that my life were that fascinating! :P Perhaps Jodi Picoult for her ability to write such heart wrenching scenes, she'd really dramatize those moments of my life and endear me to her readers; but add a happy ending please!
- What’s your favorite cook book? Betty Crocker. I have had this cookbook since I purchased it at age sixteen. (believe me, that's a long time) It is my "go to" recipe book with several favourites inside.
- Edward v Jace. Who wins that fight? (Whether or not you like the books or characters, be fair about their attributes!) Who is Jace? If we are talking Edward of Twilight, then Edward to win. No doubt.
- Dumbledore v Gandalf. Same question. Both are powerful and wise, thus the decision to choose one over the other is much more difficult. I would choose Gandalf, though, because The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings were written so long ago and yet they have staying power, thus Gandalf is now as powerful as he was when he was written. I think Dumbledore (of Harry Potter) will see the same fame and staying power (he is a loveable character), though he did allow himself to be killed and never returned, really, while Gandalf did return to lead the last battle.
- What is your favorite book to movie adaptation? Julie and Julia. I found the movie to be far better than the book and it is still one of my favourite movies! Meryl Streep plays a wonderfully loveable Julia Child.
- What book would you want to buy a special edition for? Anna Sewell's Black Beauty, as it's my favourite childhood book.
- What, if anything, do you snack on while you’re reading? Must I say? Very well, then. I snack, when I am so inclined, on chocolate. Usually, though, I have a bottle of water at my side and save my snacking for movies. (a bad habit, to be sure!)
Who shall I tag? Included here are some of my favourite bloggers from when I began blogging two years ago and some relatively new.
My Questions: (please copy and paste these on your blog when you respond)
- Who is your favourite author and why? What is your favourite book(s) written by him/her?
- When did you begin blogging and why a book blog?
- If you were to aspire to being a writer, who would you like to be compared to and why?
- What is your favourite genre? Please explain.
- What is your all-time favourite book? Please explain what makes it your favourite.
- Which book do you feel has had the greatest influence in your life?
- Which book have you re-read the most? Explain.
- If you were stranded on a tropical island, what items would you want with you? Which book would you want to read?
- Do you have a favourite spot to read in? Describe.
- Do you make reading selections according to your moods? What influences your reading choices?
- E-books or physical books? Why?