"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Book Blogger Hop!! May 11/12

Book Blogger Hop


It's been quite a while since I've joined the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Crazy for Books, so I figured I'd try to join in more often.  The following question, I am hoping, will illicit some incredible answers.  After all, everyone has a favourite book character or two!

Who is your favorite book character? I’ll give you a maximum of two choices, but they have to be from different genres!


This is tougher than I thought!  I've racked my brain, thinking over the last year of reading, mulling over the possibilities, and I do agree that Katniss is one of the strongest female protagonists I've ever had the pleasure to read of.  However, since I know soooo many of you are YA lovers and will probably pick her too, I've decided to go the route of the mystery novel.  Protagonists in this genre are many and famous too.  Considering all possibilities, and recalling those mysteries I've read of late, I still have one favourite series, that of Death on Demand written by Carolyn Hart (the latest I've read is Dead By Midnight).  Her protagonist, Annie Darling, is a strong, curious accidental sleuth.  She never really sets out to be a sleuth, but the mysteries always seem to come to her.  Perhaps it is because she owns a mystery bookstore?  For whatever reason, I like her for what she stands for.  She is an entrepreneur; she's in love with her incredibly handsome husband, Max; she loves to read and devours mysteries (of course!); and she is incredibly clever.  Never one to feign from danger, especially if she is out to save someone; she's constantly out there for the good of another. Annie is involved in her community, runs a book club, assists her husband on matters of inquiry (since he is not a licensed PI, he advertises that he solves problems).  She may seem perfect, but she's not.  She can be reckless, sarcastic, and funny by turn.  She would be the perfect friend because you know she will always have your back.  That is why I chose Annie Darling as my favourite book character.


Now it is your turn.  Who is your favourite book character and why?







10 comments:

  1. Yes, Katniss is kick-butt awesome! I'll have to check out Death on Demand, the series sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great pick and great reason for why she is your favorite!
    Happy Friday :)

    New email follower (amugglesmagicalbookblog at yahoo).

    The Muggle
    Nominate Your Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, my favorite book charater is Eve Dallas, of the In Death series by J. D. Robb. Her life started out so horrible, but she was able to turn it around and become a good cop, standing for those who had been murdered. She's tough and yet oddly vunerable.
    mom1248(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Death on Demand sounds so interesting (I love mysteries)- I am going to look into it. I like Katniss to but I have only read the first book so I did not choose her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Book Blogger Hop! Here is my post: Christian Bookshelf Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realise the Book Blog Hop was back....wish I was around on Friday to join in

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, I have not had the pleasure of meeting Annie Darling.. love a strong female protagonist.. must look in to Death on Demand!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, Rebecca, and Jenna, do check out the series. It is not necessary to start anywhere in particular as each book can stand on its own very well. I have loved this series for years!

    Lucybirdbooks, yes, we are here! Actually, I didn't know the Book Blogger Hop had disappeared as I haven't participated for a while. Hopefully we will catch each other next week.

    Patsy, I've been meaning to read J.D. Robb, just haven't yet. So many books, so little time, but tons of desire!

    Lu, thanks for stopping in and for the follow. I hope to entertain and inform as I go. I'd like it to be fun for all who stop by My Bookshelf.

    Melanie, thanks for the visit and taking the time to comment too.

    I have visited each of you in turn. I am thrilled to have such great company here on My Bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I decided to join in anyway since it's running all week...even if I am a bit late for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never read Death on Demand, but Annie sounds awesome so now I want to! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...