"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Anticipate This




Booking Through Thursday is a weekly event hosted  HERE.  This week's discussion is based on anticipation.
What’s the last book you were really EXCITED to read?  And, were you excited about it in advance? Or did the excitement bloom while you were reading it?  Are there any books you’re excited about right NOW?
The last book I was super excited to read, other than the amazing books in this coming IMM (wait til you see my IMM on Monday!), was Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda.  I received it as a birthday gift from a dear friend who wanted a copy for herself but settled for borrowing it from me when both I and my daughter had read it.  There had been so much blogger buzz about the book that when I opened the package I am sure the grin was assurance enough of a gift well selected!!  And, yes, the book surpassed all the hype!

Without giving away too much ahead of Monday's post, I am excited about several  new books I received both last week and this week so far.  It's just amazing!  Hint:  something about a little black dress, children in a special home, numbers, and relationships. 
PS  Shilpi Somaya Gowda participated in a Good Reads discussion today with her fans.  She is writing her second novel which she anticipates to be published in one year.   

3 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for dropping by today: I must say, I rather like your "Value of the Arts" quotation in the sidebar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Booking Through Thursday. Thanks for visiting me. I am glad you have the patience to wait on reading your books. I will be back Monday to see what is on the agenda.

    Thanks again,
    Edwards Granddaughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog a little while back! I didn't get a chance to reply soon after as I was away! I have heard absolutely great things about this book, however I haven't read it yet! I should check it out! My TBR pile is increasing like crazy! Haha!

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...