"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Monday, September 30, 2013

Harry Potter Exhibit Coming to Edmonton!!!!



HARRY POTTER: THE EXHIBITION

Having read all the Harry Potter Books and seeing/collecting all the movies (which I shamelessly admit to having watched repeatedly), I was so excited today to learn that the Harry Potter Exhibit is coming to Edmonton's Telus World of Science Centre in November!  (honestly, when I learned from Sheila over at Book Journey that she went to the exhibit in New York, well I was more than a little disgruntled that there had been no news of the exhibit coming to my little neck of the woods.) Now I am practically doing a happy dance!  (use your imagination, lol)  Edmonton is hosting the Western Canada debut!!  Woot!!

Running November 23 to March 9/14, the exhibit will feature more than 200 authentic props including costumes from all eight movies.  There will be nine different settings from the movies which visitors can navigate their way through.  From Harry's glasses, Ron's wand, to miscellaneous pieces from the ball and more; Harry Potter pans will be in their glory.

It is advised to get your tickets early.  To learn more about this fabulous exhibit, see the article in the Edmonton Sun.  Fingers crossed that photos will be allowed.



The above video is footage taken during the Chicago exhibit, where it opened for the first time in 2009.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...