So, if I want to get back into writing that novel I began over a year ago, I feel I need a little assistance with the planning, the plotting and the research. I discovered this "You Can Write a Novel Kit" at the book store and decided to give it a try.
It contains five notepads designed to aid the writer in the planning process:
- Scene Development: Outline your crucial scenes to keep your story on track
- Master/Major Character: Know what makes your main characters tick and how they move your story forward
- Minor Character: Make sure each supporting player has a real part to play
- Chapter Log: Maintain continuity from scene to scene and chapter to chapter
- Revision Tracker: Keep notes on what you want to revise and how you plan to go about it
Also included is an instruction book, "You Can Write a Novel" by James V. Smith.
It looks promising. Ultimately it is up to me. To do, to try, to write and believe. Wish me luck!