"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Exciting News From Marissa Meyer and The Lunar Chronicles!!!!!

As mentioned in my previous post about Cinder and the Lunar Chronicles, I contacted the author, Marissa Meyer, to see if I could get a peek into the future of The Lunar Chronicles.  Here's our mini interview:


Hi Marissa,

I recently read Cinder and loved what you did with the retelling of a Cinderella story with a futuristic twist!  A few of us at work (we work in a bookstore here in Edmonton Alberta) have read it and we are all dying to know what the next book's title will be, who of the fairy tale realm it will be about and when to expect it out.  Some are hoping you will continue Cinder's story (me and another) and some don't think you will (gasp!).

Would you mind sharing some insight so we can share with our excited customers (and staff, of course)?

Hello Shirley,
 
Thank you so much! I'm delighted that you and your coworkers enjoyed the book and I'm more than happy to let you in on some of the upcoming books.
 
Scarlet - Jan. 2013 - based on Little Red Riding Hood
Cress - Jan. 2014 - based on Rapunzel
Winter - Jan. 2015 - based on Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
 
Cinder will continue to be the main hero throughout the series, so you have much more Cinder and Kai to look forward to! However, in each book, there will be duel storylines between Cinder and the other fairy-tale based heroine. Eventually their paths will cross and they'll join forces against Queen Levana and her court.
 
I very, very much hope you'll enjoy the rest of the series just as much as Book 1!
 
Thank you again for your email.
 
All best,
Marissa



Thank you Marissa!!  I just love it when authors take the time to write back to their readers!  We have one  year before we can read the continuing chronicles of Cinder and Little Red Riding Hood!  That gives all of you an ample opportunity to read Cinder before the next in the series comes out.  Enjoy!!!




Watch the book trailer: http://shelf-life.ew.com/2011/12/20/cinder-book-trailer-marissa-meyer-exclusive/

Blog: http://marissameyer.livejournal.com
Twitter: @marissa_meyer

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MarissaMeyerAuthor + http://www.facebook.com/lunarchronicles






1 comment:

  1. I want to get this book and that is neat that the author has other "fairy tale" stories planned!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...