"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Indigo Love Of Reading Program for Schools is Taking Grant Applications for 2012

Indigo Love of Reading Program helps high-needs Canadian schools with a grant to put towards books for their school library. To qualify, the school must be deemed a high-needs school.  A challenge of socio-economic factors puts the students of high-risk schools at a definite disadvantage for future learning.  Indigo Love of Reading Program was developed to assist such schools to further the quality of life through love of reading.  The following is from the Indigo Love of Reading site:
"Love of Reading schools receive funding over a three-year period. For each of the three years, the school receives 10 per cent of the funds in the form of cash to spend on any special projects they believe will promote literacy: after-school activity groups; visits by special guest speakers and artists; anything that promotes a love of reading. They receive the remaining 90 per cent of the grant in the form of a credit redeemable for new books and learning materials at Indigo, Chapters and Coles book stores.
Becoming a Love of Reading school can mean so much to a child and the community they live in. 
The 2012 Literacy Fund grant application is now available. (You may also) review a winning grant application and the Tips & Suggestions document to help you get prepared."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...